The book is a collection of birth stories, chosen and edited by myself. There are contributions from mothers who have used water in all kinds of ways during labour and birth, and who have had all kinds of birth experiences. There are stories from doulas, dads, siblings, grandmothers; and stories from water birth pioneers and experts such as Janet Balaskas and Michel Odent.
As we put the final touches to this wonderful book, we are looking for the perfect image for our front cover that sums up everything that is beautiful and right about birth in water.
To this end, we are pleased to announce a competition!
Please send us your water birth photos. The winning entry will be used on the front cover of Water Birth: Stories to Inspire and Inform. The winner will also receive a signed copy of the book.
Guidelines for entry:
- The competition is open to both amateur and professional photos.
- Image must be good quality, colour, and ideally portrait shaped.
- Image must be completely free of royalty / copyright payments, professionally taken pictures must have appropriate consent from the photographer.
- You may enter as many pictures as you like.
- The winner will be judged by myself and the publisher, Susan Last of Lonely Scribe.
- The winner will be announced on Sunday 23rd March 2014.
- All images will be shared in a blog post when the winner is announced.
We can't wait to see your beautiful pictures!
You can follow the progress of the book on Facebook by clicking here, or on Twitter @waterbirthbook.